On Saturday 28 September 2013, the Massereene Golf Club’s wonderful venue set the scene for Antrim Community Choir’s fundraising event – a great night of fun and entertainment, featuring not only the choir, but also Malojian, with Stevie Scullion and Una McCann, as well as the super Swing Gals.
The more the choir performs the more enthusiastic its members become, realising that ordinary people of all abilities who come together for the love of singing, can share that joy with their listeners. They are all-inclusive in a special way: they have a united dream to perform all over this country and beyond, showing the world what wonderful people we in Northern Ireland are.
The choir would like to thank all those who made the night such a success:
- A generous cheque donation from the Massereene Golf Club to help finance ongoing projects, as well as enthusiastic support from Ian Quigley, Captain; Brian Craig, President; Margery Kelso, Lady Captain; Mary Hanna, Lady President; Danny Corrigan, and the club staff, for being so welcoming and helpful on the night itself.
- The Family Caring Centre for advertising posters and tickets.
- Ballot donations from Nanabelles gift shop and tea room, Miss Prims, Raw Styles, Maggie Aromatherapy, friends, and family members.
- Tom Makem, our “sound man”, ensuring every note was heard.
- Co-artistes Malojian and the Swing Gals.
- Finally, a very special lady with a unique talent for teaching the choir how to soar on wings of song: Una McCann, Antrim Community Choir’s musical director.
The choir would like to take this opportunity to remind its fans that the opening event for its Delusions of Grandeur Tour takes place in the grounds of Antrim Castle, next to the ruins and the motte, from 2:30 to 3:30pm on Sunday 27 October 2013.
Marie T Mulholland
Antrim Community Choir
Antrim Community Choir is also supported by the Enkalon Foundation and Arts Council Northern Ireland.
Some pictures from the event: